CULTURAL VALUE IN HISTORIC TOWN OF YOGYAKARTA: Usage of Traditional Shared Space “Pendopo” in Historical Area of Kotagede
oleh : Kunihiko Ono (Cyber University, Tokyo)
Although legislation and regulations concerning preservation and conservation of Cultural Heritage is progressing steadily in Indonesia, there has been very few study focused on utilization. Based on this background, the principal aim of this study is to understand the value as cultural heritage and actual situation of utilizing traditional houses of Kotagede. Also we discuss about knowledge necessary for considering future use /utilization and the factors of traditional houses being lost or actively.
We examine how the usage, social environment, and spatial environments influence each other, transforming their traditional common space “Pendopo” in historical area of Kotagede.
In our field research, 30 “Pendopo” were classified from the viewpoint of utilization then we divided into 7 groups.
This paper presents the hypothesis as below.
1. As the usage, social environment, and spatial environments change, then the “Pendopo” is transforming.
2. Private usage makes the space closed.
3. Public usage makes the space open.
4. Has residents or the owner lives there affects the usage of the “Pendopo”.
5. Too many or too few resident A contributing factor of the”Pendopo” being lost.
Waktu dan tempat :
28 Februari 2017
Jam 13.00-15.00 WIB
R. Pertemuan Pusat Studi Pariwisata UGM
Kompleks Bulaksumur J-3 Yogyakarta
Registrasi : Isni (0274) 564-138